Juan Touya: Juan and his brother Eduardo were the two nuclear medicine physician/scientists key to the developments in Uruguay (Montevideo). Both were active in the Latin American Nuclear Medicine Society before Juan came to the USA to work with Bennett at UCLA. He joined the Vanderbilt faculty in 1976 and was particularly interested in quantitative analysis of renal differential renal function using kinetic modeling tools. He tested different methods of measuring GFR in adults and children. He also studied the effects of posture on liver and lung imaging. and respiratory functional imaging. He also had previous extensive experience with the use of In-113m transferrin, as an alternative to marrow imaging with Fe-59/52.
- Braren, V., A. B. Brill, J. Touya and J. Goddard (1982). “A microtechnique for radioisotopic determination of glomerular filtration rate in infants and children.” Clin Pediatr (Phila) 21(4): 225-227.
- Braren, V., J. Goddard, A. B. Brill and J. J. Touya (1979). “Beta-2-microglobulin as renal diagnostic agent.” Urology 13(6): 624-628.
- Braren, V., P. N. Versage, J. J. Touya, A. B. Brill, J. Goddard and R. K. Rhamy (1979). “Radioisotopic determination of glomerular filtration rate.” J Urol 121(2): 145-147.
- Harolds, J. A., A. B. Brill, J. A. Patton and J. J. Touya (1983). “Comparison of supine, upright, and prone positions for liver scans.” South Med J 76(2): 213-215.
- Hunter, C. E., P. Polterauer, J. J. Touya and R. H. Dean (1978). “Effects of venous hypertension on arteriovenous shunting in the extremity.” Surg Forum 29: 225-226.
- Powers, T. A. and J. J. Touya (1980). “Tc-99m-pyrophosphate bone scan in calcinosis universalis.” Clin Nucl Med 5(7): 302-304.
- Schossberger, P. F. and J. J. Touya (1976). “Dynamic cisternography in normal dogs and in human beings.” Neurology 26(3): 254-260.
- Braren, V., Brill, A.B., Touya, J. and Goddard, J. A Microtechnique for Radioisotopic Determination of Glomerular Filtration Rate in Infants and Children. Clinical Pediatrics, Vol. 21, No. 4, 225‑227, April 1982.
- Price, R.R., Branch, R., Ramage, A.A., Touya, J.J., and Brill, A.B.: Deconvolution Analysis of Transplant Renograms. Proceedings of Seventh Symposium on Sharing of Computer Programs and Technology in Nuclear Medicine Computer Assisted Data Processing, CONF‑ 770101. National Technical Information Service (1977), pp. 76‑91.
- Price, Ronald R., Touya, J.J., Branch, R., Goddard, J., and Brill, A.B.: Validation of Renal Transit‑Time Calculations Using Compartmental Models and Direct Measurements: A Review of Information Processing in Medical Imaging, A.B. Brill and R.R. Price (eds), ORNL/BCTIC‑2, National Technical Information Service (1978), pp. 536‑554.
- Braren, V., Versage, P., Touya, J.J., Brill, A.B., Goddard, J., Patton, D.D., and Rhamy, R.K. Radioisotope determination of glomerular filtration. Radioisotope, February 1979.
- Price, R.R., Born, M.L., Jones, J.P., Touya, J.J., Grove, R.B., Nadeau, J.H., Branch, R.A., Rhamey, R.H., Hollifield, J.W., Brill, A.B., and Rollo, F.D.: Comparison of differential renal function determination by Tc DMSAS, DTPA, I‑Hippuran and Ureteral Characterization. J. Nucl. Med. 20: 631, 1979.
- Price, R.R., Touya, J.J., Nadeau, R., Branch, R., Born, M., Rollo, F.D., and Brill, A.B.: Split renal function parameters from I‑131 hippuran transit‑time distributions. Society Nuclear Medicine, Southeastern Chapter, Orlando, Florida, Oct. 3 ‑ Nov. 3, 1979.