Michael Stabin is an assistant professor in the Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences at Vanderbilt University, in Nashville, TN. Before that he was a visiting professor at the Universidade Federal de Pernambuco in Recife, Brasil for two years, and was a scientist at the Radiation Internal Dose Information Center of Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education for 15 years. He has a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Engineering degree in Environmental Engineering (Health Physics emphasis) from the University of Florida and received his PhD in Nuclear Engineering (Health Physics emphasis) from the University of Tennessee. He is a Certified Health Physicist (1988, recertified in 1992, 1996, 2000, and 2004). He is a member of the Health Physics Society, the Society of Nuclear Medicine, and the Sigma Xi scientific research societies and Tau Beta Pi engineering honors society.
Dr. Stabin has over 150 publications in the open literature, most in the area of internal dosimetry for nuclear medicine applications. He has served as member and chair of the American Board of Health Physics Certification Examination Panel (Part II), and as an associate editor of the Health Physics Journal from 1992 until now. He also serves on several task groups of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) and the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP). He has developed several models, methods, and tools that have become widely used in the nuclear medicine community, including the MIRDOSE and OLINDA/EXM personal computer software codes for internal dose calculations.
Date and Place of Birth: Aug 29, 1957, Miami, FL
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, B.S., Environmental Engineering – 1981
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, M.E., Environmental Engineering (Health Physics emphasis) – 1983
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering (Health Physics emphasis) – 1996
Licensure and Certification:
Certified Health Physicist – 1988, Recertified – 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Vanderbilt University – 2000-pres.
- Secondary Appointment, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Vanderbilt University – 2000-pres.
- Secondary Appointment, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Vanderbilt University – 2005-pres.
Visiting Professor, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Brasil – 1998 – 2000.
Scientist, Radiation Internal Dose Information Center, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 1983 1998.
Student assistant and graduate assistant Department of Environmental Engineering. 1980 1983.
Health Physics Society:
President, Medical Section, 1993-1994 (first section president), President 2005-2006
East Tennessee Chapter of the Health Physics Society
Council Member (1986)
Chair of Public Education Committee (1983-1985)
American Board of Health Physics, Part II Panel of Examiners, 2000-2005, chair 2004-2005.
Sigma Xi – President, Nashville Chapter, 2005-2007
Tau Beta Pi, Member 1984-pres
- Associate Editor, Health Physics Journal, 1992-present
- Associate Editor, Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 1998-pres.
- Editorial Board, Cancer Biotherapy & Radiopharmaceuticals, 1998- pres.
- Society of Nuclear Medicine’s Medical Internal Radiation Dose (MIRD) committee, corresponding member – 2001-2004, full member 2004-2007.
- Special Task Group of the International Commission on Radiological Protection on Dose to Patients from Radiopharmaceuticals, corresponding member – 1991-2004, member 2004-present.
- ICRP Committee 2 Task Group on Dose Calculations (DOCAL), corresponding member – 2002 – present.
- Human Subjects Radiation Committee and Radioactive Drug Research Committee, Vanderbilt University, 2001-2004.
- Radiation Safety Committee, Vanderbilt University, 2004-pres.
- Conflict of Interest Committee, Vanderbilt University, 2005-pres.
- Health Physics Society Electronic Media Committee, 2001 – pres.
- Special Task Group of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine on dosimetry for monoclonal antibodies – 1988 – present
Radiology Residents – Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences short course, preparation for Physics sections of Board Examinations, 2001-2004
Graduate School Courses:
PHY-243, Health Physics, Fall Semester, 2002 – pres
PHY-285. Radiation Detection and Measurement. Spring Semester, alternating years, 2003 – pres
PHY-307, Advanced Health Physics. Spring Semester, alternating years, 2006 – pres. New course created and approved by Dept of Physics and Astronomy 2005.
Continuing Medical Education: Frequent lecturer, Society of Nuclear Medicine Continuing Education Sessions on Internal Dosimetry (CME Credits given), 1987 – pres.
Research Supervision (residents or fellows, postdoctoral trainees, graduate students, medical students): name(s), date(s), current position of trainee
- International Atomic Energy Agency, type II fellowship, Ms. Stella Veloza at the Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine, Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Nashville, TN, USA, from 11 June to 10 August 2007.
- Jucilene Pereira, PhD candidate, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Brasil, assisting with research on resolution and detection limits in quantitative data taken with nuclear medicine cameras for internal dose calculations, July 2006-pres.
- Derek Favret, Vanderbilt University, Master’s student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, 2004-2006. Subject – Analysis of Radiological Implications of a Terrorist Attack on a Nuclear Reactor Spent Fuel Pool.
- Laelia P. Campos, Master’s student, Departamento de Energia Nuclear, 1998- 2000. Subject – calculation of radiation dose distributions in intravascular brachytherapy. Result – received Master’s degree, two publications from thesis.
- Eduardo Loureiro, PhD student, Departamento de Energia Nuclear, 1998- 2002. Subject – adapt voxel-based images to the calculation of radiation doses from diagnostic radiology in dentistry. Result – received PhD degree, one publication from thesis.
- Fabiana Farias da Lima, PhD student, Departamento de Energia Nuclear, 1998- 2002. Subject – evaluate methods for patient-specific imaging and treatment planning for thyroid cancer patient treatment. Result – received PhD degree, two publications from thesis.
- Helio Yoriyaz, CNEN-IPEN, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1996-1997. Subject – investigate ability of radiation transport software to perform patient-specific dosimetry. Result – PhD awarded 1998.
- Michalene Rodriguez, Colorado State University, 1996. Subject – develop kinetic model for kinetics of iodine in subjects whose thyroids have been removed surgically or with radioiodine. Result – received Master’s degree, completed project report.
- Joy Russell, University of Tennessee, 1995. Subject – use newly developed pregnant female phantoms to calculate radiation dose estimates at all stages of pregnancy for many radiopharmaceuticals. Result – received Master’s degree, completed thesis, received student award from Health Physics Society, two full articles published in Health Physics Journal, 1997.
- Julie Behm, Master’s student, University of Florida, 1994. Supervised on several projects involving new models for internal dosimetry. Also served on advisory committee for Master’s degree. Result – received Master’s degree, completed thesis.
- David Marshall, Master’s student, University of Texas, 1993. Subject – development of phantom representing woman at 6 months’ pregnancy. Result – received Master’s degree, completed thesis, thesis became part of publication of ORNL report on 4 phantoms representing the adult female at different stages of pregnancy.
Other Significant Activities:
MIRDOSE and OLINDA/EXM Software
I developed and wrote the MIRDOSE software package, which has been distributed to over 2000 sites worldwide. It automates the calculation of internal dose estimates, primarily in nuclear medicine. The OLINDA/EXM code was written with collaborators at CDE, Inc. in Knoxville, TN and is designed to replace the MIRDOSE code. It was granted permission for marketing as a 510(k) device by the FDA in 2004.
Radsafe Professional Mailing List
When the Radsafe mailing list, which has about 2000 members worldwide and posts 10-50 e-mail messages per day on the topic of radiation protection, was moved from the University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign campus, I had it moved to the Vanderbilt campus and took over as list owner/manager. In 2005, it was moved to another site.
Volunteer, Nashville Rescue Mission – 2001-2002
Volunteer, Vanderbilt Pediatric Emergency Department – 2002-2003
PENCIL Foundation, Choices program, Nashville Public Schools, 2004-2005
- New Methods for Improved Image-Based Dosimetry, 5R01 CA104907-03 (Stabin) 09/01/2004-08/31/2007
- Virtual Patients for Computing Radiation Doses, 5R01 CA116743-02/Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Xu, Stabin as Vanderbilt PI) 09/01/2005-05/31/2008
- Realistic Phantoms Series for OLINDA/EXM, 4R42 CA115122-02 (STTR Phase I-II) (Stabin) 04/01/06-03/31/08
- Consortium for Risk Evaluation with Stakeholder Participation III (CRESP III). DE-FC01-06EW07053 (Kosson/Powers) 09/30/2006-09/29/2007
- Radiation Protection and Dosimetry. Springer, proofs finished, due date August 2007.
- Clinical Nuclear Medicine Dosimetry. Springer, proofs stage, due date Dercember 2007.
- Fetal Dose Assessment – Standard Methods. Health Physics Society and American National Standards Institute, in press 2006.
- Coffey JL, Watson EE, Hubner KF and Stabin MG. Radiopharmaceutical Absorbed Dose Considerations. Chapter 5 in Essentials of Nuclear Medicine Science. WB Hladik, III, GB Saha, and KT Study, Eds. Baltimore, William and Wilkins, 1987.
- Stabin MG. Patient Dose from Diagnostic and Therapeutic Radiopharmaceuticals. Internal Radiation Dosimetry, Health Physics Society 1994 Summer School, Otto G. Raabe, Editor, Chapter 16, pp 375-392, 1994.
- Stabin MG. Internal Dosimetry in Pediatric Nuclear Medicine. In: Pediatric Nuclear Medicine Chapter 26, 556-581, Springer-Verlag, New York, Publisher, 1995.
- Treves S, Connolly L, O’Tuama L, Stabin MG, Paltiel H, Larar G and Swift P. Pediatrics. In Principles of Nuclear Medicine, H Wagner, Jr., Z Szabo, and J Buchanan, eds. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, pp 1137-1170, 1995.
- Bushberg JT and Stabin MG. Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry. Edited by MP Sandler, RE Colman, JA Patton, FJ TH Wackers, A Gottschalk and PB Hoffer. In: Diagnostic Nuclear Medicine, Third Edition, Volume 1, Chapter 19:293-307, 1996., Williams & Wilkens, Publisher, 1996.
- Stabin MG. Internal Radiation Dosimetry. Nuclear Medicine, Vol 1, Chapter 25, 316-333, edited by RE Henkin, MA Bales, GL Dillahay, JR Halema, SM Karesh, RH Wagner, AM Zimmer. Published by Mosby, St. Louis, MO, 1996.
- Stabin, M. and Zaidi, H. (2002) Monte Carlo codes for use in therapeutic nuclear medicine. In Therapeutic applications of Monte Carlo calculations in nuclear medicine. (Eds, Zaidi, H. and Sgouros, G.) Institute of Physics Publishing, London, pp. 133-157.
- Bouchet, L., Bolch, W., Stabin, M., Eckerman, K., Poston, J. W. and Brill, A. B. (2002) Monte Carlo methods and mathematical models for the dosimetry of skeleton and bone marrow. In Therapeutic applications of Monte Carlo calculations in nuclear medicine. (Eds, Zaidi, H. and Sgouros, G.) Institute of Physics Publishing, London, pp. 286-309.
- Stabin, M. and Duggan, F. (2002) Monte Carlo modeling of dose distributions in intravascular radiation therapy. In Therapeutic applications of Monte Carlo calculations in nuclear medicine. (Eds, Zaidi, H. and Sgouros, G.) Institute of Physics Publishing, London, pp. 310-323.
- Stabin MG. Internal dose assessment – extrapolation from animal species to the human. In: From Morphological Imaging to Molecular Targeting, Implications to Preclinical Development. M. Schwaiger, L. Dinkelborg, H. Schweinfurth eds, Ernst Schering Research Foundation Workshop 48, Springer, New York, pp 77-94, 2004.
- Stabin MG. Dosimetric and radiobiologic considerations. In Nuclear Medicine in Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment, PJ Ell and SS Gambhir, eds. Churchill Livingstone, New York, 2004.
- Stabin MG. Internal Radiation Dosimetry. Nuclear Medicine, 2nd Ed., Vol 1, Chapter 22, 313-331, edited by RE Henkin, MA Bales, GL Dillahay, JR Halema, SM Karesh, RH Wagner, AM Zimmer. Published by Mosby, St. Louis, MO, 2006.
- Stabin MG. Radiation Dosimetry Methods for Therapy. In Radionuclide Peptide Cancer Therapy, Ch 13, pp 239-262, M Chinol and G Paganelli, eds. Taylor and Francis, New York, NY, 2006.
- Stabin MG. Internal Dosimetry. In Pediatric Nuclear Medicine/PET, S.T. Treves, ed., Springer, New York, NY, 2007.
- Cloutier RJ, Watson EE and Stabin MG. Applying the ICRP Risk Factors to Nuclear Medicine Doses. Proceedings of Sixth Congress of the International Radiation Protection Association Meeting, West Berlin. In: Compacts 1:497 500, 1984.
- Watson EW and Stabin MG. BASIC Alternative Software Package for Internal Dose Calculations. In: Computer Applications in Health Physics, Proceedings of the 17th Midyear Topical Symposium of the Health Physics society, Pasco, WA, Feb 5 9, 1984, pp 7.79 7.86, 1984.
- Marcus CS, Stabin MG, Watson EE and Kuperus JH. Contribution of Contaminant In 114m/In 114 to In 111 Oxine Blood Dosimetry. J Nucl Med 26:1090 1093, 1985.
- Marcus CS, Stabin MG and Watson EE. Pediatric Radiation Dose from [In 111] Leukocytes. Letter to the Editor. J Nucl Med 27:1220 1221, 1986.
- Brihaye C, Butler TA, Knapp FF, Jr., Guillaume M, Watson EE and Stabin MG. A New Osmium 191/Iridium 191m Radionuclide Generator System Using Activated Carbon. J Nucl Med 27:380 387, 1986.
- Crook JE, Carlton JE, Stabin MG and Watson EE. Radiation Dose Estimates for Copper 64 Citrate in Man. In: Proceedings of the Fourth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium, Oak Ridge, TN, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, CONF 851113 (DE86010102), 212 216, 1986.
- Watson EE and Stabin MG. The Influence of Radioactive Contaminants on Absorbed Dose Estimates for Radiopharmaceuticals. In: Proceedings of the Fourth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium. Oak Ridge, TN, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, CONF 851113 (DE86010102), 331 345, 1986.
- Watson EE, Stabin MG, Goodman MM, Knapp FF and Srivastava PC. A Comparison of Radiation Dosimetry for Several Potential Myocardial Imaging Agents. In: Proceedings of the Fourth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium. Oak Ridge, TN, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, CONF 851113 (DE86010102), 371 383, 1986.
- Wiles HB, Lacy JL, Watson EE, Stabin MG et al. Radiation Dose Estimates for Adults and Newborns from Tungsten 178 Based on Distribution Data in Adult and Infant Animals. Proceedings of a Workshop on Age Related Factors in Radionuclide Metabolism and Dosimetry held in Angers, France, November 26 28, 1986, G.B. Gerber, H. Metivier and H. Smith, eds., Boston, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 229 234, 1987.
- Watson EE and Stabin MG. A Mathematical Model of the Nine Month Pregnant Woman for Calculating Specific Absorbed Fractions. Proceedings of a Workshop on Age Related Factors in Radionuclide Metabolism and Dosimetry held in Angers, France, November 26 28, 1986, GB Gerber, H Metivier and H Smith, eds, Boston, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 381 388, 1987.
- Davis JL, Stabin MG, Cristy M and Ryman JC. Dosimetric Data for the Fetus Derived from an Anatomical Model of Its Mother at the End of the First Trimester. Proceedings of a Workshop on Age Related Factors in Radionuclide Metabolism and Dosimetry held in Angers, France, November 26 28, 1986, GB Gerber, H Metivier and H Smith, eds, Boston, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 1987.
- Marcus CS, Stabin MG, Watson EE et al. Dosimetry of Leukocytes Labeled with Tc 99m Albumin Colloid. Nuclear Medicine Communications 9:249 254, 1988.
- Powers WJ, Stabin MG, Howse D, Eichling JO and Herscovitch P. Radiation Absorbed Dose Estimates for Oxygen 15 Radiopharmaceuticals (H215O, C15O, O15O) in Newborn Infants. J Nucl Med 29:1961 1970, 1988.
- Lacy JL, Ball ME, Verani MS, Wiles HB, Babich JW, LeBlanc AD, Stabin MG, Bolomey L and Roberts R. An Improved Tungsten 178/Tantalum 178 Generator System for High Volume Clinical Applications. J Nucl Med 29:1526 1538, 1988.
- Watson EE, Stabin MG, Davis JL and Eckerman KF. A Model of the Peritoneal Cavity for Use in Internal Dosimetry. J Nucl Med 30:2002 2011, 1989.
- Vallabhajola S, Zimmerman RE, Picard M, Stritzke P, Mena I, Stabin MG et al. Technetium 99m ECD: A New Brain Imaging Agent: In Vivo Kinetics and Biodistribution Studies in Normal Human Subjects. J Nucl Med 30:599 604, 1989.
- Murphy PA, Beasley CW, Moore WH and Stabin MG. Thallium 201 in Human Milk: Observations and Radiological Consequences. Health Physics 56(4):539 541, 1989.
- Stabin MG. Radiation Dosimetry in Radionuclide Hysterosalpingography with Tc 99m. J Nucl Med 30(3):415 416, 1989.
- Siegel JA, Wessels BW, Watson EE, Stabin MG et al. Bone Marrow Dosimetry and Toxicity for Radioimmunothrapy. Antibody, Immunoconjugates, and Radiopharmaceuticals 3(4):213 233, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc, Publishers, 1990.
- Watson EE, Stabin MG, Eckerman KF, Cristy M et al. Mathematical Models of the Pregnant Woman at the End of the First and Third Trimester. In: Proceedings of the Frontiers in Nuclear Medicine Joint Symposium on Dosimetry of Administered Radionuclides, Washington, DC, September 21 22, 1989, pp 89 104, American College of Nuclear Physicians, Washington, DC, 1990.
- Stabin MG. Marrow Dose Calculation Development and Practice. Antibody, Immunoconjugates, and Radiopharmaceuticals 3(4):239 246, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc, Publishers, 1990.
- Stabin MG. Workshop on MIRD Technique. Proceedings of the Frontiers in Nuclear Medicine Joint Symposium on Dosimetry of Administered Radionuclides, Washington, DC, September 21 22, 1989, pp 156 166, American College of Nuclear Physicians, Washington, DC, 1990.
- RG Soundy, DA Tyrrell, RD Pickett and MG Stabin. The Radiation Dosimetry of Tc 99m Exametazime. Nuclear Medicine Communications 11:791 799, 1990.
- Siegel, Jeffry A.; Wessels, Barry W; Watson, Evelyn E.; Stabin, Michael G.; Vriesendorp, Huibert M.; Bradley, Eileen W.; Badger, Christopher C.; Brill, A. Bertrand; Kwok, Cheuk S.; Stickney, Dwight R.; Eckerman, Keith F.; Fisher, Darrell R.; Buchsbaum, Donald J.; and Order, Stanley E. Bone Marrow Dosimetry and Toxicity for Radioimmunotherapy. Antibody, Immunoconjugates, and Radiopharmaceuticals, 1990 Volume 3, No. 4, p 213-233.
- Washburn LV, Sun TTH, Lee Y CC, Byrd BL, Holloway EC, Crook JE, Stubbs JB, Stabin MG, Brechbiel MW, Gansow OA and Steplewski Z. Comparison of Five Bifunctional Chelate Techniques for Y 90 Labeled Monoclonal Antibody Co 17 1A. Nucl Med Biol 18:313 321, 1991.
- Stabin MG and Schlafke Stelson AT. A List of Nuclear Medicine Radionuclides and Potential Contaminants for Operators of in vivo Counters. Health Physics 61(3):427 430, 1991.
- Marshall DT, Stabin MG and Watson EE. Mathematical Phantom and Specific Absorbed Fractions for the Adult Female at Six Months of Pregnancy. Presented at Health Physics Society Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, July 21-26, 1991, Health Physics 60(2):S9, 1991.
- Stabin MG, Watson EE, Marcus CS and Salk R. Radiation Dosimetry for the Adult Female and Fetus from I 131 Administration in Hyperthyroidism. J Nucl Med 32:808 813, 1991.
- Stabin MG, Stubbs JB and Watson EE. Dosimetry of Swallowed Non absorbed Technetium 99m Radiopharmaceuticals in Paediatric Patients. Letter to the Editor in: Eur J Nucl Med 18:288 289, 1991.
- Thomas SR, Stabin MG, Chen CT and Samaratunga RC. MIRD Pamphlet No. 14: A Dynamic Urinary Bladder Model for Radiation Dose Calculations. J Nucl Med 33(5):783-802, 1992.
- Stabin MG, Taylor A Jr, Eshima D and Wooter W. Radiation Dosimetry for Technetium 99m MAG3, Technetium 99m DTPA, and Iodine 131 OIH Based on Human Biodistribution Studies. J Nucl Med 33:33 40, 1992.
- Stabin MG, Taylor A and Conway J. Radiation Dosimetry for Tc 99m MAG 3 in Adults and Children. Proceedings of Fifth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium, Oak Ridge, TN, May 7 10, 1991, pp 434-443, 1992.
- Stabin MG. Prediction of Radiation Dose to the GI Tract from Analysis of Blood and Liver Time Activity Curves. Proceedings of the Fifth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium, Oak Ridge, TN, May 7 10, 1991, pp 202-218, 1992.
- Stubbs JB, Smith GT, Stabin MG et al. An Approach to Cellular Level Dosimetry Using Compartmental Model Analysis and Dynamic PET. Proceedings of the Fifth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium, Oak Ridge, TN, May 7 10, 1991, pp 385-395, 1992.
- Stabin MG and Watson EE. An Alternative to Convolution Integrals for Radiation Absorbed Dose Calculations. Proceedings of the Fifth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium, Oak Ridge, TN, May 7 10, 1991, pp 457-466, 1992.
- Mozley PD, Stubbs JB, Kung HF, Selikson MH, Stabin MG, Alavi A. Biodistribution and dosimetry of iodine-123-IBF: a potent radioligand for imaging the D2 dopamine receptor. J Nucl Med. 34(11):1910-1917, 1993.
- Watson EE, Stabin MG and Siegel J. MIRD Formulation. Med Phys 20(2), Pt 2, 511-514, 1993.
- Stabin MG, Stubbs JB and Watson EE. Recent Controversy in Radiation Dosimetry. Editorial. Eur J Nucl Med 20(5):371-372, 1993.
- Baldwin RM, Zea-Ponce Y, Zoghbi SS, Laruelle M, Altikriti MS, Sybirska EH, Malison RT, Neumeyer JL, Milius RA, Wang S, Stabin MG, Smith EO, Charney DS, Hoffer PB and Innis RB. Evaluation of the monoamine uptake site ligand I-123 methyl 3Β-(4-iodophenyl)- tropane-2Β-carboxylate I-123 Β-CIT in nonhuman primates: pharmacokinetics, biodistribution, and SPECT brain imaging coregistered with MIR. Nucl Med Biol – Int J Rad App B 20:597-606, 1993.
- Eary JF, Collins C, Stabin MG et al. Samarium-153-EDTMP Biodistribution and Dosimetry Estimation. J Nucl Med 34(7):1031-1036, 1993.
- Stabin MG. Radiation Dose to the Upper Spine from Therapeutic Administrations of I-131 Sodium Iodide. J Nucl Med 34:695-696, 1993.
- Stabin MG, Watson EE and Feld T. MIRDOSE 3 – The PC and MAC-Based Program for MIRD Calculations in Adults, Children, and Pregnant Women. Presented at Health Physics Society Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA 7/11-15, 1993.
- Verhoeff NPLG, Buseman Sokole E, Stabin MG et al. Dosimetry of Iodine-123 Iodobenzamide in Healthy Volunteers. Eur J of Nucl Med 20(9):747–752, 1993.
- Siegel JA and Stabin MG. Absorbed Fractions for Electrons and Beta Particles in Spheres of Various Sizes. J Nucl Med 35:152-156, 1994.
- Stabin MG. Wall Dose Estimates. Letter to the Editor. J Nucl Med 35(1):190, 1994.
- Stabin MG. Samarium-153-EDTMP Dosimetry. Letter to the Editor. J Nucl Med 35(1):191-192, 1994.
- Stabin MG. A Model of the Prostate Gland for Use in Internal Dosimetry. J Nucl Med 35(3):516-520, 1994.
- Stabin MG, Hamm RN, Turner JE & Bolch WE. Track Structure Simulation and Determination of Product Yields in the Electron Radiolysis of Water Containing Various Solutes. Radiation Protection Dosimetry 52(1-4):255-258, 1994.
- Seibyl JP, Wallace E, Smith EO, Stabin MG, Baldwin RM, Zoghbi S, Zea-Ponce Y, Gao Y, Zhang WY, Neumeyer JL, Zubal IG, Charney DS, Hoffer PB & Innis RB. Whole-Body Biodistribution, Radiation Absorbed Dose and Brain SPECT Imaging with Iodine-123-Β-CIT in Healthy Human Subjects. J Nucl Med 35(5):764-770, 1994.
- Watson EE, Stabin MG & Stubbs JB. Dosimetry of Technetium-94m-Teboroxime. Letter to the Editor. J Nucl Med 35(5):925-926, 1994.
- Stabin MG, Eckerman KF, Ryman JC & Williams LE. Bremsstrahlung Radiation Dose in Yttrium-90 Therapy Applications. J Nucl Med 35(8):1377-1380, 1994.
- Evans JE, Stabin MG and Stubbs JB. Specific Absorbed Fractions of Energy from Internal Photon Sources in Brain Tumor and Cerebrospinal Fluid. Med Phys 22(3):331-340, 1995.
- Johnson TK and Stabin MG. Fast Acquisition for Technetium-99m Sestamibi SPECT. Letter to the Editor. J Nucl Med 36(9):1723-1724, 1995.
- KL Miller, L Perri, RC Christersen. GG Eichholz, ZR Glaser, RE Gonad, RV Griffith, RF Holub, Y Horowitz, TE Hui, NE Ipe, KJ Kearfott, CA Little, CW Miller, DW Miller, KL Nelson, MP Nunno, MT Ryan, AG Scott, SL Simon, CS Sims, MG Stabin, G Stevenson, et al, editors. 1995. Centennial Issue of Health Physics Journal 69(5), ISSN 0017-9078, Williams & Wilkins, 867 pages, 1995.
- Kearfott K and Stabin MG. Medical Uses of Radiation – The First 100 Years in Review. Guest Editorial. Health Physics 69(5):609, 1995.
- Rohe RC, Thomas SR, Stabin MG, Deutsch EA, Gerson MC, Cummings DD and Maxon III, HR. Biokinetics and Dosimetry Analysis in Healthy Volunteers for a Two-Injection (Rest-Stress) Protocol of the Myocardial Perfusion Imaging Agent Technetium 99m-Labeled Q3. J Nucl Cardiol 2(5):395-404, 1995.
- Stabin MG. MIRDOSE: Personal Computer Software for Internal Dose Assessment in Nuclear Medicine. J Nucl Med 37(3):538-546, 1996.
- Zuckier LS, Stabin MG, Krynyckyi BR, Zanzonico P and Binkert B. Effect of Prior Radiopharmaceutical Administration on Schilling Test Performance: Analysis and Recommendations. J Nucl Med 37(12):1995-1999, 1996.
- Johnston RE, Mukherji SK, Perry JR & Stabin MG. Radiation Dose from Breastfeeding Following Administration of Thallium-201. J Nucl Med 37:2079-2082, 1996.
- Russell J, Stabin M and Sparks R. Placental Transfer of Radiopharmaceuticals and Dosimetry in Pregnancy. Health Phys 73(5):747-755, 1997.
- Stabin MG, Stubbs JB and Russell JR. Review of the Fetal Radiation Doses Received from Fe-59 Kinetic Studies at Vanderbilt University in the 1940’s. Health Phys 72(5):1-7, 1997.
- Russell JR and Stabin MG, Sparks RB and Watson EE. Radiation Absorbed Dose to the Embryo/Fetus from Radiopharmaceuticals. Health Phys 73(5):756-769, 1997.
- Wan-Yu Lin, Chih-Phoon Lin, Si-Jung Yeh, Bor-Tsung Hsieh, Zei-Tsan Tsai, Gann Ting, Tzu-Chen Yen, Shyh-Jen Wang, Furn F. Knapp, Jr and MG Stabin. Rhenium-188 Hydroxyethylidene diphosphonate: a New Generator-Produced Radiotherapeutic Drug of Potential Value for the Treatment of Bone Metastases. European J of Nucl Med 24(6):590-595, June 1997.
- Stabin MG. Deposition, Retention and Dosimetry of Inhaled Radioactive Substances. Book Review of NCRP Report No. 125. J Rad Res 148(4):403-404, 1997.
- Stabin M, Kooij PPM, Bakker WH, Inoue T, Endo K, Coveney J, de Jone R and Minegishi A. Radiation Dosimetry for Indium-111-Penetreotide. J Nucl Med 38:1919-1922, 1997.
- Stabin MG. Health Concerns Related to Radiation Exposure of the Female Nuclear Medicine Patient. Presented at the International Conference on Radiation and Health, Beer Sheva, Israel, Nov 1996. Env Health Perspect 105(Suppl 6):1403-1409, 1997.
- N Iznaga-Escobar, LA Torres, A Morales, M Ramos, I Alvarez, N Perez, R Fraxedas, O Rodriguez, N Rodrigues, R Perez, A Lage & MG Stabin. Technetium-99m-Labeled Anti-EGF-Receptor Antibody in Patients with Tumor of Epithelial Origin: I. Biodistribution and Dosimetry for Radioimmunotherapy. J Nucl Med 39(1 ):15-23, 1998.
- Hamm RN, Turner JE and Stabin MG. Monte Carlo Simulation of Diffusion and Reaction in Water Radiolysis – A Study of Reactant Jump Through and Jump Distances. Radiat Environ Biophys 36;229-234, 1998.
- Kotzerke J, Fenchel S, Guhlmann A, Stabin M, Rentschler M, Knapp F, Jr, and Reske S. Pharmacokinetics of 99Tcm-pertechnetate and 188Re-perrhenate after oral administration of perchlorate: Option for subsequent care after the use of liquid 188Re in a balloon catheter. Nucl. Med. Comm. 19:795-801, 1998.
- Stubbs JB, Evans JF and Stabin MG. Radiation Absorbed Doses to the Walls of Hollow Organs. J Nucl Med 39 (11):1989-1995, 1998.
- Stabin MG. Patient dose from diagnostic and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals. In Procedure Perative di Misura e Valutazioni Dosimetriche nelle Attività Sanitarie, Atti del Corso – Convegno, San Miniato, 10-12 June, 1998. Pacini Editore, Pisa, 1998.
- Stabin MG. Reply to “MIRDOSE 3.1 gives erroneous results under windows NT” J Nucl Med. 1998 May;39(5):927.
- Stabin MG and Gelfand MJ. Dosimetry of pediatric nuclear medicine procedures. Quarterly Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 42(2):93-112, 1998.
- Stabin MG and Evans J. The Radiation Dosimetry of Intrathecally Administered Radionuclides using a New Model of the Spine and CSF. Presented at the Sixth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium held May 7-10, 1996 in Gatlinburg, TN; Oak Ridge Associated Universities, 1999, A. Stelson, M. Stabin, R. Sparks eds, pp 500-512.
- Sparks R and Stabin M. Fetal radiation dose estimates for 131I sodium iodide in cases where accidental conception occurs after administration. Presented at the Sixth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium held May 7-10, 1996 in Gatlinburg, TN; Oak Ridge Associated Universities, 1999, A. Stelson, M. Stabin, R. Sparks eds, pp 500-512.
- Toohey RE and Stabin MG. Comparative Analysis of Dosimetry Parameters for Nuclear Medicine. Presented at the Sixth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium held May 7-10, 1996 in Gatlinburg, TN; Oak Ridge Associated Universities, 1999, A. Stelson, M. Stabin, R. Sparks eds, pp 532-551.
- Russell J and Stabin M. Placental Transfer of Radiopharmaceuticals and Dosimetry in Pregnancy. Presented at the Sixth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium held May 7-10, 1996 in Gatlinburg, TN; Oak Ridge Associated Universities, 1999, A. Stelson, M. Stabin, R. Sparks eds, pp 679-704.
- Stabin MG and Sparks RB. Some Issues in the Use of the Remainder of the Body Correction. Presented at the Sixth International Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium held May 7-10, 1996 in Gatlinburg, TN; Oak Ridge Associated Universities, 1999, A. Stelson, M. Stabin, R. Sparks eds, pp 440-445.
- M. Cremonesi, M. Ferrari, M. Chinol, M. Stabin, C. Grana, G. Prisco, C. Robertson, G. Tosi, G. Paganelli. Three-step radioimmunotherapy with yttrium-90 biotin: dosimetry and pharmacokinetics in cancer patients. Eur J Nucl Med 26(2):110-120, 1999.
- S.J. Kennel, M. Stabin, H. Yoriyaz, M. Brechbiel, S. Mirzadeh. Treatment of lung tumor colonies with 90Y targeted to blood vessels: comparison with the α-particle emitter 213Bi. Nuclear Medicine & Biology 26:149-157, 1999.
- Behr TM, Behe M, Stabin MG, et al. High-linear energy transfer (LET) alpha versus low-LET beta emitters in radioimmunotherapy of solid tumors: Therapeutic efficacy and dose-limiting toxicity of 213Bi- versus 90Y-labeled CO17-1A fab’ fragments in a human colonic cancer model. Cancer Res 1999 Jun 1;59(11):2635-43.
- Siegel J, Thomas S, Stubbs J, Stabin M, Hays M, Koral K, Robertson J, Howell R, Wessels B, Fisher D, Weber D, Brill A. MIRD Pamphlet No 16 – Techniques for Quantitative Radiopharmaceutical Biodistribution Data Acquisition and Analysis for Use in Human Radiation Dose Estimates. J Nucl Med 40:37S-61S, 1999.
- M. G. Stabin, M. Tagesson, S.R. Thomas, M. Ljungberg, S.E. Strand. Radiation dosimetry in nuclear medicine. Applied Radiation and Isotopes 50:73-87, 1999.
- Bergman, C. Pohl, R. Venkataramanan, G. Burckjart, M. Stabin, M. Barmada, J. Griffin, N-K. Cheung. Intrathecal administration of an anti-ganglioside antibody results in specific accumulation within meningeal neoplastic xenografts in nude rats. J. Immunotherapy 22(2): 114-123, 1999.
- M. Stabin. Update: Internal dosimetry in the use of radiopharmaceuticals in therapy: science at a crossroads? Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals 14(2):81-89, 1999.
- S.J. Kennel, M. Stabin, J. Roeske, L. Foote, P. Lankford, M. Terzaghi-Howe, H. Patterson, J. Barkenbus, D. Popp, S. Mirzadeh. Radiotoxicity of bismuth-213 bound to membranes of monolayer and spheroid cultures of tumor cells. Radiation Research 151:244-256, 1999.
- F.F. Knapp, Jr., S. Guhlke, A. Beets, W-Y Lin, M. Stabin, H. Amols, J. Weinberger. Endovascular beta irradiation for prevention of restenosis using solution radioisotopes: pharmacologic and dosimetric properties of rhenium-188 compounds. Cardiovascular Radiation Medicine 1(1):86-97, 1999.
- Thomas SR, Stabin MG, Chen CT and Samaratunga RC. MIRD Pamphlet No. 14, Revised: A Dynamic Urinary Bladder Model for Radiation Dose Calculations. J Nucl Med 40(4):102S-123S, 1999.
- M. Cremonesi, M. Ferrari, S. Zoboli, M. Chinol, M. Stabin, F. Orsi, H. Maekce, E. Jermann, C. Robertson, M. Fiorenza, G. Tosi, G. Paganelli. Biokinetics and dosimetry in patients administered with 111In-DOTA-Tyr3-octreotide: implications for internal radiotherapy with 90Y-DOTATOC. Eur J Nucl Med 26(8):877-886, 1999.
- Davis, K. Glowienka, R. Boll, K. Deal, M. Brechbiel, M. Stabin, P. Bochsler, S. Mirzadeh, S. Kennel. Comparison of 225Ac actinium chelates: tissue distribution and radiotoxicity. Nucl Med & Biol 26:581-589, 1999.
- Toohey RE, Stabin MG, Watson EE. The AAPM/RSNA physics tutorial for residents. RadioGraphics 20:533-546, 2000.
- Eckerman K and Stabin M. Electron absorbed fractions and dose conversion factors for marrow and bone by skeletal regions. Health Phys. 78(2):199-214, 2000.
- Stabin MG and Konijnenberg M. Re-evaluation of Absorbed Fractions for Photons and Electrons in Small Spheres. J Nucl Med 41:149-160, 2000.
- Traino AC, Martino FDi, Lazzeri M, Stabin MG. Influence of thyroid volume reduction on calculated dose in radioiodine therapy of Graves’hyperthyroidism. Phys Med Biol. 45:121-129, 2000.
- Cremonesi M, Ferrari M, Chinol M, Bartolomei M, Stabin MG, Sacco E, Fiorenza M, Tosi G, Paganelli G. Dosimetry in radionuclide therapies with 90Y-conjugates: the IEO experience. Q J Nucl Med 2000 Dec;44(4):325-32.
- M. Stabin and H. Breitz. Breast Milk Excretion Of Radiopharmaceuticals: Mechanisms, Findings, And Radiation Dosimetry. Continuing Medical Education Article, Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 41(5):863-873, 2000.
- M. G. Stabin, M. Konijnenberg, F. F. Knapp, Jr., and R. H. Spencer. Monte Carlo modeling of radiation dose distributions in intravascular radiation therapy. Medical Physics 27(5):1086-1092, 2000.
- Stephen J. Kennel; Lara L. Chappell; Kate Dadachova; Martin W. Brechbiel; Trish K. Lankford; Ila A. Davis; Michael Stabin; Saed Mirzadeh Evaluation of 225 Ac for Vascular Targeted Radioimmunotherapy of Lung Tumors Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals 15(3): 235-244, 2000
- F. DiMartino, A.C. Traino, M.G. Stabin, et al. A mathematical model of thyroid mass reduction after radioiodine therapy of Graves’ disease. Physica Medica, 16(3):127-136, July-Sept 2000.
- H. Yoriyaz, M. G. Stabin, and A. dos Santos. Monte Carlo MCNP-4B-based absorbed dose distribution estimates for patient-specific dosimetry. J Nucl Med 42(4):662-669, 2001.
- M. Stabin. Invited Commentary: Investigation of patient release criteria. J. Nucl. Med. 42(6):916, 2001.
- M. G. Stabin, J. A. Siegel, R. B. Sparks, K. F. Eckerman, and H. B. Breitz Contribution to Red Marrow Absorbed Dose from Total Body Activity: A Correction to the MIRD Method J. Nucl. Med. 42: 492-498, 2001.
- Rodney J. Hicks, David Binns, and Michael G. Stabin. Pattern of Uptake and Excretion of 18F-FDG in the Lactating Breast. J. Nucl. Med. 2001 42: 1238-1242.
- M. G. Stabin, R. W. Howell, and N.C. Colas-Linhart. Modeling radiation dose and effects from internal emitters in nuclear medicine: from the whole body to individual cells. Cellular and Molecular Biology 47(3):535-544, 2001.
- A. Amaral, N. Colas-Linhart, M. Stabin, A. Petiet, F. Guiraud-Vitaux, N. Jacquet. In vitro irradiation of blood with 99mTc: evaluation of dose and chromosome aberrations in irradiated lymphocytes. Cellular and Molecular Biology 47(3):545-548, 2001.
- M.G. Stabin and A.B. Brill. Monoclonal antibodies in the treatment of hematologic malignancies: radiation dosimetry aspects. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, 2:351-356, 2001.
- Mardirossian, G., Tagesson, M., Blanco, P.,. Bouchet, L., Stabin, M., Yoriyaz, H., Baza, S., Ljungberg, M., Strand, S-E., Brill, A.B., 1999. A New Rectal Model for Dosimetry Applications, J Nucl Med, 1999; 40: 1524-1531.
- F.D. Martino; A.C. Traino; A.B. Brill; M.G. Stabin; M. Lazzeri. A theoretical model for prescription of the patient-specific therapeutic activity for radioiodine therapy of Graves’ disease. Phys Med Biol 47(9):1493-1499, 2002
- F.D. Martino; A.C. Traino; A.B. Brill; M.G. Stabin; M. Lazzeri A theoretical model for prescription of the patient-specific therapeutic activity for radioiodine therapy of Graves’ disease. Phys Med Biol 47(9):1493-1499, 2002
- Michael G. Stabin; Jeffry A. Siegel; Richard B. Sparks. Sensitivity of Model-Based Calculations of Red Marrow Dosimetry to Changes in Patient-Specific Parameters. Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals. 17(5): 535-543, 2002
- M.G. Stabin and H. Yoriyaz. Photon specific absorbed fractions calculated in the trunk of an adult male voxel-based phantom. Health Phys. 82(1):21-44, 2002.
- Marguerite T. Hays, Evelyn E. Watson, Stephen R. Thomas, and Michael Stabin. MIRD Dose Estimate Report No. 19: Radiation Absorbed Dose Estimates from 18F-FDG. J Nucl Med 2002;43 210-214.
- S.J. Kennel, S. Mirzadeh, W. C. Eckelman, T.A. Waldemann, K. Garmestani, A. T. Yordanov, M. G. Stabin, M. W. Brechbiel. Vascular-targeted radioimmunotherapy with the alpha-particle emitter 211At. Radiation Research 157:633-641, 2002.
- Stabin MG, da Luz CQPL. New Decay Data For Internal and External Dose Assessment, Health Phys. 83(4):471-475, 2002.
- M.G. Stabin, K.F. Eckerman, W.E. Bolch, L.G. Bouchet, and P.W. Patton. Evolution and Status of Bone and Marrow Dose Models Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals, 17(4):427-434, 2002.
- Stabin M, Brill AB. Physics in Nuclear Medicine: A Year of Tangible Progress. J Nucl Med 44(1):22N-24N, 2003.
- Todd A. Riccobene, Renee C. Miceli, Clint Lincoln, Yvonne Knight, Joseph Meadows, Michael G. Stabin and Cynthia Sung. Rapid and Specific Targeting of 125I-Labeled B Lymphocyte Stimulator to Lymphoid Tissues and B Cell Tumors in Mice. J Nucl Med 2003; 44:422–433.
- JA Siegel, D, Yeldell, DM Goldenberg, MG Stabin, RB Sparks, RM Sharkey, A Brenner, RD Blumenthal. Red marrow radiation dose adjustment using plasma FLT3-L cytokine levels: improved correlations between hematologic toxicity and bone marrow dose for radioimmunotherapy patients. J Nucl Med 44:67-76, 2003.
- Gregory A. Wiseman, Ellen Kornmehl, Bryan Leigh, William D. Erwin, Donald A. Podoloff, Stewart Spies, Richard B. Sparks, Michael G. Stabin, Thomas Witzig, and Christine A. White. Radiation Dosimetry Results and Safety Correlations from 90Y-Ibritumomab Tiuxetan Radioimmunotherapy for Relapsed or Refractory Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: Combined Data from 4 Clinical Trials. J Nucl Med 2003; 44:465–474.
- Radiopharmaceutical Internal Dosimetry, Proceedings of the 2002 Nashville Conference: Quantitative Imaging and Data Collection Methods. Guest Editors: A.B. Brill and M.G. Stabin. Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals, Volume 18 Number 1, page 59, February 2003, Volume 18 Number 2, page 179, Volume 18 Number 3, June 2003, page 379.
- Gregory A. Wiseman; Bryan R. Leigh; William L. Dunn; Michael G. Stabin; Christine A. White. Additional Radiation Absorbed Dose Estimates for Zevalin™ Radioimmunotherapy. Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals, Volume 18 Number 2, pp 253-258. April 2003.
- M. G. Stabin and J. A. Siegel. Physical Models and Dose Factors for Use in Internal Dose Assessment. Health Physics, 85(3):294-310, 2003.
- M.G. Stabin. Radiotherapy with internal emitters: what can dosimetrists offer? Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals 18(4):611-618, 2003.
- M. G. Stabin. Developments in the internal dosimetry of radiopharmaceuticals. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 105(1-4):575-580 (2003).
- Stabin M, Brill AB. Physics Applications in Nuclear Medicine: A Jump Ahead. J Nucl Med 45(2):22N-24N, 2004.
- Stabin M. Proposed addendum to previously published fetal dose estimate tables for 18F-FDG. J Nucl Med 45(4):634-635, 2004.
- Lima, F.F.; Stabin, M.G.; Khoury, H.J. Volume and Activity Concentration Estimation in Phantom of Thyroid Tissue Remnants Using SPECT. Radioprotecção (2004) vol. 2 ( nº 4-5) pp. 44-53.
- Barry W. Wessels, Wesley E. Bolch, Lionel G. Bouchet, Hazel B. Breitz, Gerald L. DeNardo, Ruby F. Meredith, Michael G. Stabin, and George Sgouros. Bone Marrow Dosimetry Using Blood-Based Models for Radiolabeled Antibody Therapy: A Multiinstitutional Comparison. J Nucl Med 2004 45: 1725-1733.
- Shi, C Y.; Xu, X G.; Stabin, M G. Specific Absorbed Fractions For Internal Photon Emitters Calculated For A Tomographic Model Of A Pregnant Woman. Health Phys. 87(5):507-511, 2004.
- Thomas SR, Stabin MG, Castronovo FP. Radiation-absorbed dose from 201Tl-thallous chloride. J Nucl Med. 46(3):502-508, 2005.
- Stabin M and Brill AB. Physics Applications in Nuclear Medicine: Progress on Many Fronts. J. Nucl. Med. 2005 46: 16N-22N.
- Ramin V. Parsey, Marie-Jose Belanger, Gregory M. Sullivan, Norman R. Simpson, Michael G. Stabin, Ronald Van Heertum, and J. John Mann. Biodistribution and Radiation Dosimetry of 11C-WAY100,635 in Humans. J. Nucl. Med. 2005 46: 614-619.
- Michael G. Stabin, Richard B. Sparks, and Eric Crowe. OLINDA/EXM: The Second-Generation Personal Computer Software for Internal Dose Assessment in Nuclear Medicine. J Nucl Med 2005;46 1023-1027.
- Jeffry A. Siegel, Richard B. Sparks, Robert M. Sharkey, Barry W. Wessels, Wesley E. Bolch, Lionel G. Bouchet, Hazel B. Breitz, Ruby F. Meredith, George Sgouros, and Michael G. Stabin. Blood-Based Red Marrow Dosimetry: Where’s the Beef? J. Nucl. Med. 2005 46: 1404-1406.
- B.M. Dantas, A.L.A. Dantas, F.L.N. Marques1, L. Bertelli and M.G. Stabin. Determination of 99Mo contamination in nuclear medicine patient submitted to diagnostic procedure with 99mTc. Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology. v. 48. Special Issue: pp. 215-220. October 2005. ISSN 1516-8913.
- Michael Stabin and A. B. Brill. Physics Applications in Nuclear Medicine: Organization and Progress. J. Nucl. Med. 2006 47: 22N-27N
- Hazel B. Breitz, MD; Richard E. Wendt III, PhD; Michael S. Stabin, PhD; Sui Shen, PhD; William D. Erwin, MS; Joseph G. Rajendran, MD; Janet F. Eary, MD; Lawrence Durack; Ebrahim Delpassand MD; William Martin, MD; and Ruby F. Meredith, MD. 166Ho-DOTMP Radiation-Absorbed Dose Estimation for Skeletal Targeted Radiotherapy. J Nucl Med 2006; 47:534–542.
- Michael G. Stabin, Todd E. Peterson, George E. Holburn, and Mary A. Emmons. Voxel-Based Mouse and Rat Models for Internal Dose Calculations. J. Nucl. Med. 2006 47: 655-659.
- Andrew B. Newberg, Nancy A. Wintering, Karl Plossl, John Hochold, Michael G. Stabin, Marianne Watson, Daniel Skovronsky, Christopher M. Clark, Mei-Ping Kung, and Hank F. Kung. Safety, Biodistribution, and Dosimetry of 123I-IMPY: A Novel Amyloid Plaque-Imaging Agent for the Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease. J Nucl Med 2006;47 748-754.
- Dominique Delbeke, R. Edward Coleman, Milton J. Guiberteau, Manuel L. Brown, Henry D. Royal, Barry A. Siegel, David W. Townsend, Lincoln L. Berland, J. Anthony Parker, Karl Hubner, Michael G. Stabin, George Zubal, Marc Kachelriess, Valerie Cronin, and Scott Holbrook. Procedure Guideline for Tumor Imaging with 18F-FDG PET/CT 1.0. J Nucl Med 2006;47 885-895.
- Michael Stabin, Nuclear medicine dosimetry, Review article, Phys. Med. Biol. 51 (2006) R187–R202.
- Seza A. Gulec, Geraldine Mesoloras, and Michael Stabin. Dosimetric Techniques in 90Y-Microsphere Therapy of Liver Cancer: The MIRD Equations for Dose Calculations. J Nucl Med 2006;47 1209-1211.
- J Willegaignon; Michael G. Stabin; Maria I. C. Guimarães; Luiz F. Malvestiti; Marcelo T. Sapienza; Marília Maroni; Gian-Maria A. A. Sordi. Evaluation of the potential absorbed doses from patients based on whole-body 131i clearance in thyroid cancer therapy. Health Phys 91(2):123-125, 2006.
- Brill AB, Stabin M, Bouville A, Ron E. Normal organ radiation dosimetry and associated uncertainties in nuclear medicine, with emphasis on iodine-131. Radiation Research 166(1), part 2:128-140, 2006.
- Curtis C. Travis and Michael G. Stabin. 131I Ablation Treatment in Young Females After the Chernobyl Accident. J Nucl Med 2006;47 1723-1727.
- Tapan K. Nayak, Jeffrey P. Norenberg, Tamara L. Anderson, Eric R. Prossnitz, Michael G. Stabin, Robert W. Atcher. Somatostatin-receptor-targeted α-emitting 213Bi is therapeutically more effective than β-emitting 177Lu in human pancreatic adenocarcinoma cells. Nuclear Medicine and Biology 34 (2007) 185–193.
- Joanna Burger; Michael Gochfeld; David Kosson; Charles W. Powers; Barry Friedlander; Michael Stabin; Derek Favret; Stephen Jewett; Daniel Snigaroff; Ronald Snigaroff; Tim Stamm; James Weston; Christian Jeitner; Conrad Volz. Radionuclides In Marine Fishes And Birds From Amchitka And Kiska Islands In The Aleutians: Establishing A Baseline. Health Physics: Volume 92(3) March 2007 pp 265-279.
- Roessler C, Stabin MG and Newell M. Radiation Studies St. John’s County Borehole Mining Project Phase I. Progress Reports I through V and Final, 1981.
- C.E. Roessler, G. S. Roessler, M. Stabin. Assessment of Potential Airborne Radioactivity Emissions from a Proposed New Gypsum Disposal Field. Report to Gardinier, Inc., 1982.
- T. O’Meara, W. Marion, C. E. Roessler, G.S. Roessler, H. A. Van Rinsvelt, O. Myers, M. Stabin, D. Gonzalez, E. Barreto, E. Perry. Environmental Contaminants in Birds: Phosphate – Mine and Natural Wetlands. Report to the Florida Institute of Phosphate Research, 1983.
- Stabin MG. Radium 226 in Waterfowl Associated with Florida Phosphate Clay Settling Areas. Master’s Thesis, University of Florida, 1983.
- Stabin M, Watson E, Cristy M, Ryman J, Eckerman K, Davis J, Marshall D and Gehlen K. Mathematical Models and Specific Absorbed Fractions of Photon Energy in the Nonpregnant Adult Female and at the End of Each Trimester of Pregnancy. ORNL Report ORNL/TM 12907, 1995.
- Stabin MG, Stubbs JB and Toohey RE. Radiation Dose Estimates for Radiopharmaceuticals. NUREG/CR-6345, prepared for: US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, US Department of Energy, US Department of Health & Human Services, 81 pages, April 1996.
- Stabin MG, Turner JE, Hamm RN and Klots CE. Stochastic Track-Structure Simulation Methods and the Determination of Product Yields in the Radiolysis of Water Containing Various Solutes. ORISE 97-0263, February 1997.
- Powers CW, Burger J, Kosson D, Gochfeld M, Barnes D, Bliss L, Friedlander B, Jewett S, Johnson M, Stabin M, Unsworth M, Volz C, Vyas V, Weston J. Amchitka Independent Science Assessment: Biological and Geophysical Aspects of Potential Radionuclide Exposure in the Amchitka Marine Environment. Consortium for Risk Evaluation with Stakeholder Participation, II, Piscataway, NJ, 2005.
Presentations at Scientific Meetings
Each year approximately 3-5 oral presentations and posters are given at the Society of Nuclear Medicine meeting and 1 oral presentation is given at the Health Physics Society meeting. Almost every year, one 2-hr professional enrichment training seminar and one 1-hr continuing education seminar is given by invitation at the Health Physics Society meeting. In many years, invited continuing education seminars are given at the Society of Nuclear Medicine meeting. In addition, invitations are received 3-5 times per year for invited technical lectures and training courses by the international dosimetry community. Some recent examples (not an exhaustive list):
- Invited lecturer, Methodological and Practical Issues in Internal Dosimetry, Brescia, Italia 17 – 19 January 2008.
- Invited lecturer at the International Atomic Energy Agency’s International Conference on QA and New Techniques in Radiation Medicine (QANTRM), Vienna, Austria, 13-15 November 2006.
- Invited participant, National Cancer Institute, mini-workshop on I-131 dosimetry for the hyperthyroid patients, March 5, 2007.
- Invited lecture, Workshop on Internal Dosimetry Applied to the Diagnostic/Therapeutic Use of Radiopharmaceuticals, October 2006, 16th – 20th, Mendoza, Argentina, organized by the Autoridad Regulatoria Nuclear, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Invited reviewer, United States Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, National Center dor Environmental Research, Peer Review Panel Meeting for Health Physics, Washington, DC January 31, 2006.
- International Atomic Energy Agency, review current information on the possible need for further international guidance on the formulation and application of standards for the protection of pregnant workers and their embryos and fetuses, in order to determine whether the issue warrants action at the international level, IAEA headquarters in Vienna, November 21-25, 2005 and May 8-12, 2006
- International Atomic Energy Agency Technical Co-operation Project COS/6/016-01, Project: Strengthening Internal Dosimetry Programme in Metabolic Radiotherapy, Task: Medical Physics – Internal Dosimetry, Duty Period: 24-28 May 2004, San José, Costa Rica.
- Invited lecturer, Internal Dosimetry in Nuclear Medicine, 9 – 13 August 2004, Buenos Aires , Argentina, organized by the Autoridad Regulatoria Nuclear, Buenos Aires, Argentina.